4 Bedroom Detached Barn Conversion
– 4 bedroom barn conversion
– Grade II listed
– In the heart of Winster Valley
– Views over Whitbarrow Scar, Fairfield and Kentmere Valley
– A short walk to local pubs – Mason Arms, Strawberry Bank & Punch Bowl
– Council tax band G
– Mains electricity
– Oil fired central heating
– Private water supply
– Septic tank
– Currently let as a highly-profitable holiday rental (estimated around £50,000) there are opportunities to develop the current success of Wicklow Barn
– Attached to the main house, a double height barn is currently being used for storage. Subject to obtaining the relevant permissions, there is the opportunity to renovate this extra barn into an annexe, either for use as a holiday let or even to house additional family members
Traditional Grade II-listed charm gets a modern makeover at Wicklow Barn, in the peaceful hamlet of Hodge Hill. Come for the views, stay for the lifestyle.
Park up on the gravel driveway, with space for up to four cars easily, and head for the striking oak door set within the glazed front of Wicklow Barn.
Behind, the mountains of the Lake District can be seen beyond the rolling vistas of the valley – spy the lucky horseshoes of Fairfield and Kentmere peeping out in the distance.
The sense of tranquillity continues once inside, as do the views. Reinforcing the sneak preview enjoyed through the glass front of the barn, step inside through the restored original cattle entrance and behold the open-plan hall with bespoke staircase and galleried landing above.
Light streams through this modern space, through to the glazed double doors at the far end, whose Juliet-style balcony windows look out to neighbouring farmland for rural authenticity.
Full height ceilings draw the eye up to the vaulted apex, crisscrossed with treacly dark oak beams. Overseeing proceedings is a mezzanine landing.
For more images and details, download the brochure on desktop or call our office for your own hardcopy…