4 Bedroom Detached Home
– Lakeland farmhouse
– Grade II listed
– Built c.1600s
– Adjoining barns rebuilt/renovated over the last 26 years
– Original doors and period features
– Original slate flooring
– Views of Lake Windermere and beyond along with fell views to Ill – Bell, Froswick, Yoke, Wansfell and the Troutbeck valley
– Private drainage (septic tank)
– Oil-fired central heating
– Air source heat pump
– Mains water and electricity
– Oil-fired Aga
– Multi-fuel stoves in reception rooms
– Underfloor heating in bathrooms and dining room
– Tado heating control
– Rako lighting to dining room, lounge and office
– Cinema surround sound systems
– Sonos system
– Superfast broadband (download speed 20-25 mbps)
– Council Tax Band G
– Easy five minute walk to two pubs: The Queen’s Head and The Mortal Man
– 4 miles to Windermere
– 4 miles to Ambleside
– 11 miles to Kendal
– 13 miles to Oxenholme Station (direct trains to – Euston/Manchester/Glasgow/Edinburgh)
– 20 miles to J36 M6
– South facing
– Ample off-road parking
– Large two car garage
– Two fields amounting to 8 acres
– Two-storey outbuilding with large wood store
– Wrap around garden and paddock
– Two protected yew trees
– Two large workshops
– Separate boiler room
A home with so much history, its story has grown alongside the evergreen branches of the grand yew that stands in its courtyard. In the last 150 years, only a handful of owners have enjoyed the privilege of calling this unique farmhouse home…will you be next in this prestigious line?
Dating back, in parts, to the 1600s, Grade II listed High Green Farm comprises the original farmhouse and a collection of old barns and derelict outbuildings. Over the years they have all been lovingly and meticulously restored and are now inter-connected to create an utterly unique and whimsical home. The attention to detail throughout is testament to the care and love lavished on High Green Farm by the current owners.
Traditionally designed to the exterior, the home within is thoroughly modern, built to 21st century standards of block cavity insulation with thick insulated roofing. No damp corners at High Green Farm – a traditional farmhouse for today’s world.
Original features have been restored and relocated, bringing the traditional and the novel together to create a contemporary living experience that sits in complete harmony with its stunning surroundings.
For more images and details, download the brochure on desktop or call our office for your own hardcopy.