Balla Wray, High Wray, Ambleside, LA22 0JQ
* Originally built in 1870
* 5 spacious bedrooms
* Master bedroom has large dressing room with lots of storage, large ensuite and sitting area
* Cellar equipped wine storage, pantry, storage and sink
- Leasehold - for details, please contact our team
* Wolf oven with large extractor fan
* Wood burner
* Chalon kitchen
* Oak flooring
* All slate within and around the house is from Burlington
* Large double garage and comms room (connected to the house). Built with stone from Brathay
* Games room
* Detached stable cottage - with boiler room, gardeners toilet and extra room which could be used as a plant room or studio. Upstairs is currently a gym
* Big log store
* Generator room
* Pump room
* Boat House with lake access and jetty
* Oil central heating
* 3 large hot water tanks with pressure pumps for each
* Calor gas for the oven
* Underfloor heating in kitchen, morning room, hallway, and master bathroom, as well as the cellar
* Fully integrated and working alarm system
* Satellite internet
* Septic tank with a biomass muncher
* Mains water
* Mains electric
* Temperature sensors in every room for controlled heating
* Specialised lighting system
* Walking distance to Wray Castle (1 mile)
* 2.5 miles to the centre of Hawkshead
* 4 miles to the centre of Ambleside
* 6 miles to Coniston
* 11 miles to Newby Bridge (A590)
Welcome to Balla Wray: the holy grail of Lake District homes.
*Check out the Property Lifestyle Movie for Balla Wray in the virtual tour tab*
Hidden from sight, keeping the best lake views for itself, along the quieter 'local' side of Lake Windermere is Balla Wray: the home with the magic formula. Once the electric oak gate closes behind the car, Balla Wray becomes a bastion of beauty and solace.
Surrounded by an eclectic mix of mature trees including blue and red cedar, the grounds are alive with colour, texture and history. Concealing Balla Wray from view, but not the view from Balla Wray, superseding all the colourful glory of the treeline is the splendour of Lake Windermere, spread out beyond.
Once glimpsed, the imposing stone country home and panoramic lake and fell views are an utterly unforgettable sight. Graciously making way for the spectacular views is Balla Wray itself; a grand, Victorian, Lakeland stone-built country home
Wherever you walk in the extensive gardens of Balla Wray, you'll be hard pushed to escape the ever-present, stunning views of Lake Windermere. Soak up the sun on the extensive slate patio, where broad steps lead down past an ornamental rock feature to a selection of formal lawns.
Beyond the lower gardens, a stretch of National Trust land separates Balla Wray from a further wooded area leading down to its own boathouse and launch onto Lake Windermere.
At Balla Wray, you are away from the rest of the world but only a stone's throw from the centre of it all. For those looking to escape the business of the city and embark upon country life with plenty of luxuries to boot; Balla Wray provides a piece of paradise in the Lake District.
Love the beauty of the Lake District? Book a viewing and make Balla Wray your fortress of solitude and serenity today.
For more details, and to arrange a viewing - contact the AJ team.