no.2 Farfield, Sedbergh, LA10 5LP
** If you would prefer a FaceTime viewing, just ask! **
Built around 1837 and converted to flats in the 1950s, this home is brimming with original features, including thick wooden floorboards and treacle-toned beams.
Arrive at Number 2 Farfield along a country lane, where views of the Howgills rise up to greet you; snow-topped or sun-drenched they are a spectacular sight year-round.
* Situated on the site of Farfield Mill - a Arts and Heritage Centre with tea room which opened in 1999 with a total of 11 homes on the site
* Built in 1837 2 Farfield used to be the Mills
* Converted in 1950
* 2 Bedrooms with lots of eave storage space
* This home benefits from not being listed despite its period era of construction
* There is a double garage which would also make a perfect workshop
* Mains water, gas and electric
* Gas fire in the living room
* Shared septic tank
* Underfloor heating in both the bathroom and
* Super-fast broadband available
Enjoy views out to the countryside and river as you prepare feasts in the amply illuminated kitchen. Dressed in emerald-green splashback tiles, this culinary space contains a fitted fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, sink, gas hob, electric oven and extractor fan above.
However, imagine the joy of crossing the courtyard to indulge in coffee and cake without the washing up at the Farfield Mill Cafe. Despite this don't expect any disruption to your daily life; the mill only opens at 10:30, closing again at 4pm. The gift shop and tea room are ideal for entertaining visiting family and friends.
Farfield Mill, one of five mills to exist in Sedbergh during the 19th century, is now a heritage centre, with an exhibition on the second floor devoted to the process once practised at the mill, taking the raw fleece through to its finished woollen cloth.
With Sedbergh considered a gem of a location, on the cusp of both the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District National Parks, this is a rare opportunity to experience the best of both worlds.
Safe, cosy, surrounded by stunning scenery. Number 2, Farfield, is by no means your run of the mill home.
Book a viewing today to see for yourself.