Low Blakebank Farm, Underbarrow, Kendal, LA8 8BN
- Westmorland Farmhouse
- Grade II Listed
- Built in 1690
- Original panelling
- All reception rooms have working fires and window seats
- Slate and oak flooring (underneath carpets)
- Hand-built mullioned windows
- Original spice cupboard in dining room
- Council tax band G
- Mains water and electricity
- Oil fired heating through Rayburn with backup immersion heater
- Private drainage (septic tank)
- Fibre Optic Broadband
- 5 miles to Kendal
- 10.8 miles to juntion 36 (M6)
- Walkable distance to local pubs/ restaurant :The Punchbowl, The Black Labrador and The Wheatsheaf
Garden and Grounds;
- South facing
- 13 acre plot (3.5 acre gardens and 4 paddocks)
- Large pond (with duck house)
- No Tree Protection Order
- Two summer houses
- Chicken coop
- Horse walker
- Farm building converted into stables in the early 1800's
- National Garden Scheme - Annual walk around the grounds to raise money for Charity.
- Millennium steps
- Views of the Lyth Valley, Whitbarrow Scar, Scout Scar, and Arnside Knott
- One bedroom with en-suite
- Planning approved for
- kitchen, wood-burner and first floor mezzanine
- Re-decorated and insulated
- Great for guests, office or annex
- Underfloor heating
- Oak flooring
- Holiday let potential
- Air source heat pump
Pass through the black gates and down the meandering driveway, lined with rhododendrons, azaleas and other colourful planting. As you reach the copper beech saplings, the foliage opens up to reveal a courtyard with a number of stone built outbuildings, a barn and plentiful parking areas.
Beyond the stables, an ivy-covered archway leads to the whitewashed Grade II-listed stone-built Low Blakebank Farm.
Four fields surround the house to each side, filled with the bleating of local lambs in the springtime. With its rich equestrian background, these fields would also be ideal for horses.
At Low Blakebank Farm, the main farmhouse is one of many rustic, characterful and intriguing buildings - stables, stores and barns.
The Bank Barn
Grade II listed, 'The Barn' is a flexible, self-contained and highly-contemporary living space with private parking.
Currently used as guest accommodation for Low Blakebank Farm, The Barn is located close to the farmhouse, yet utterly private, with its own, shuttered entrance which may be opened to invite the daylight in through the full height glazed inner doors.
For more images and details, download the brochure on desktop or call our office for your own copy