The dark, wet (very!) days of winter are behind us, and Spring is newly sprung. It’s that time where traditionally, sellers think about selling, and buyers think about buying. On the plus side, this means plenty of activity, but it also can mean a lot of competition, with lots of other properties all fighting for the best buyers.
Here at AshdownJones, we have some tips to help you make sure your home is in the best possible position to sell quickly, so you can move on with your lives. Read on to discover our six steps to sell your home this Spring:
- Make those windows sparkle –with low spring light streaming through your windows, any dirt or finger marks will be easily noticeable. Book your window cleaner, and polish the insides of the glass too, to make them really sparkle. While you’re focusing on your windows, why not have all your curtains washed, for a fresh smell and bright look. When viewers come around, open the windows to let the fresh air in, making sure that your house is still comfortably warm.
- Show off green fingers – how’s your garden looking? Will your favourite shrubs and flowers bloom in time for the photographer’s visit? If you have pots and planters, now is the time to get them planted with pretty seasonal flowers.
- Tidy first impressions – Autumn leaves, begone! Have a good sweep round and tidy up, so your outside areas look smart. Check patios and paths to see if they need a power wash, and make sure your outdoor furniture is looking its best too.
- Carpets – if your carpets and rugs are looking a bit jaded after the winter, have them professionally cleaned for a fresh, show-home finish.
- Whatever the weather –as much as we would like to hope spring will bring a welcome respite to the recent rains, remember the saying ‘Ne’er cast a clout till May be out’! Prepare for the worst weather, and hope for the best. Have a good mat at the door for people to wipe their feet, and somewhere to put an umbrella. If your path is prone to mud and dirt, consider buying some shoe protectors, and keep them in a little basket by the front door. Not only will it keep your carpets clean, your visitors will be thankful not to have to remove their shoes.
- Let in the colour –bring Spring colours into your home; modest splashes of bold colour brighten a room; add different coloured towels and cushions to your bathrooms and living areas, and celebrate the Spring season in your home.
The market has been really busy for us over the last few weeks, and we need some new unique homes to sell! The buyers are busy viewing, wanting to be in their new homes for the Summer, (maybe you do, too?) so now is the perfect time to talk to us about your moving plans. Phil and Sam would love to hear from you on 015394 88811 or email us here. We’re really looking forward to talking to you.